As a CAG member, you have the following benefits:
- Exhibit your art in the beautiful CAG gallery as part of our regular shows.
- You keep 75% of the sales of your artwork; the 25% commission helps to offset the operating costs of the gallery.
- Have small matted bin art for sale in the cash and carry bins.
- Benefit from discounts provided by a number of stores (see below) and Artsplace (10% discount on programs and 20% discount on renting space).
- Will be part of a warm and welcoming community of supportive artists that share your artistic interests.
- Have opportunities to learn from fellow artists through informal discussions and more structured events (workshops, plein-air painting, etc.).
- Have opportunities to support and develop the visual arts in Canmore.
- Hold a private show (or a show with a few friends), from time to time, as per the CAG policy .
- Can be the curator for any invitational or travelling exhibits in the CAG gallery.
- Have a direct role in the direction of CAG through the election of Executive members and participation in the monthly General meetings.
- Can attend the CAG Christmas party and other social events that are organized from time to time.
*1) According to the CAG Bylaw, at least 85% of the membership must be full or part-time residents in the Bow Valley (communities ofLake Louise, Banff, Canmore, Exshaw and Morley). If you reside elsewhere, please contact Leila McDowell, the Membership Coordinator (403-614-8607 firstname.lastname@example.org before completing your registration. Thank you.
As a CAG member, the following stores offer a discount when you show your membership card. Please support these suppliers.
Kensington Art Supply
120, 6999 – 11 Street SE, Calgary
Discount: 10% on non-sale items
Kuva Print And Frame
www.printandframe.ca 10% discount. Use code cag during checkout online, or mention you are a member in person.
email@example.com 403-763-0969 | Toll free 1-888-751-4966
Sunny Raven Framing and Art Supplies
156, 105 Bow Meadows Cres., Canmore
Discount: 10% discount on custom framing and art supplies (excluding items on sale)
Swinton’s Art Supply
7160 Fisher St. SE, Calgary
Discount: 15% off all regular priced items
How to Become a Member
Membership fees: $40.00 per year per person, $60.00 per family payable by April 1st. There is a reduced fee of $25.00 for new members who join after Oct. 1st (not appplicable to anyone who has previously been a member).
Become a member, or renew your membership online.
Meetings and the Executive.
CAG General meetings are held the last Monday of each month at 7:30 pm at Elevation Place. The annual General Meeting (AGM) is held on the last Monday in April. Months exempted from meetings are: July, August and December.
How to Become a Member
Annual membership costs $40.00 per person or $60.00 per family, payable by 01 April. There is a reduced fee of $25.00 for new members who join after 01 October (not applicable to persons who have been previous members).
A membership application may be obtained at the CAG gallery (Elevation Place). The completed form and membership fee may be left at the gallery or mailed to:
Canmore Art Guild, 102-700 Railway Ave., Canmore, ABT1W 1P4